Friday, November 5, 2010

Stephen Dorff's Role in 'Somewhere' Was His Mom's Dream

Stephen Dorff's Role in 'Somewhere' Was His Mom's Dream
Stephen Dorff's 'Somewhere' Role Was Mom's Dream

Stephen Dorff's role in Sofia Coppola's new movie "" will always remind the actor of his late mother - because she dreamed he'd land a role as a sensitive dad. Dorff was left devastated when his mum Nancy died of brain cancer in 2008, and he's since credited her with helping him win movie roles.

The "Blade" star has recently experienced a career resurgence, including landing the leading role in "Somewhere", in which he plays bad-boy actor Johnny Marco, whose life is changed after his young daughter comes to stay. And Dorff finds it particularly poignant that he was offered the part on the year anniversary of his mum's death - because she always wanted him to play a caring father onscreen.

He tells Total Film magazine, "She would have always wanted me to play a character like Johnny Marco. A character that was sensitive but had an edge. She would always tell me, 'Do parts like Steve McQueen.' I always reminded her of that."

"She said, 'You have edge but you have great heart.' And I said, 'Yeah, Mom, but they always want me to play the villain. What am I going to do? played the villain a lot, too. I hope one day I get to play a father.' Then cut to one year, the anniversary of my mom's passing, was the day that Sofia gave me the role, so it's a little strange. And I'm playing a father."


 

mbt shoes schuhe mbt mbt sale scarpe mbt zapatos mbt mbt shoes clearance mbt sale mbt shoes reviews mbt schuhe günstig mbt schuhe auslaufmodelle ebay mbt schuhe mbt schuhe schweiz mbt shop

No comments:

Post a Comment